Saturday, October 29, 2011

Disney

Does anyone remember the days of being a kid and blasting Disney songs in their rooms alone? I DO. I know it's a random thing to bring up but i'm just gunna take a moment to reminisce about all of the different hits that changed our childhood. "Go The Distance", "Reflection", "Circle of Life", "Part of your World", "A Whole New World" and so much more. I was talking to my roomate about this tonight and i guess it just kinda upsets me that Disney stopped making movies with music in them. I guess kids still watch all the movies i used to watch but they aren't growing up with these characters. Which kinda breaks my heart to be honest. We had such a priviledge of being able to go see Mulan in theatres and The Lion King in theatres. Think about what this music did to our generation. I mean these songs are big deals. Nowadays, they are used all the way from high school choirs to Broadway auditions. To 7 year olds singing in the bathroom mirror to orchestrated concerts. I truly feel that Disney had some incredible writers for their movies. These songs are beautiful in context and in nature. And now they're done with. boooooooo.

I guess this entry is more about the ending of an old generation and the beginning of a new generation moreso than it is about music. But i think its important that people can recognize when music changes and being able to look back and smile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment